Fly Model 152 - RMS Titanic 1:200

• Hallo Stephan,

Klasse, dass du an dieses Modell dran gehst. Ich habe die Bögen in Natura gesehen und ich muss sagen, sie wären ein Grund, mal etwas ziviles zu bauen!
    Dazu kommt der passende Maßstab :D, und der Unterwasserrumpf. Wünsche dir viel Erfolg, werde den Baubericht natürlich mit grossem Interesse verfolgen.

Viele Grüsse

Hans Gerd

• Moin Stephan,

mmmm, wenn ich das Bild so sehe, dann bekomme ich eine Idee davon, was Du meinst:
    "Es wird sich aber schon Platz finden."

So läßt sich das Modell natürlich prima an die Wand hängen. ;)

Kunst im großen Rahmen: Darf ich Ihnen mal meine neueste Collage zeigen . . . :D

Beste Grüße
    Hartmut

• Hallo Stephan,

Ich schreibe lieber in Englisch - Ich hoffe, das es bei Dir OK ist:

I am very interested and excited to see that you have begun with this monumental new ocean liner build. I have just received the new RMS Titanic model from Fly Model but I have not begun building it yet.
    We have a discussion going over at Cardmodels, over the merits and qualities of the various Titanic 1:200 and 1:250 card models: http://forum.zealot.com/t152433-2/

I wish you the best of luck with the continuation of your build. The hull section with all the formers looks very good and straight indeed - keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Bengt =D>

Bengt Fredén, Stockholm, Sweden

Edited 5 times, last by Bengt Fredén ().

• Stephan-san

The work which is exact in speedy. =D> =D> =D> And a precise commentary sentence.

I mutter as follows. ;)

I knew that you had Saratoga. Do you have the plan to begin production of Saratoga? I purchased it, too. I have Yamato and zuikaku, Saratoga. I want to make it at the same time if you make Saratoga next. It will give my speed and precision. Because it is the first time that I make the model of the ship, I need a good compass. :D

Thank you,sennaend

• Hallo Stephan,

ein Mordsteil, das du da angehst!

An die Decke ist immer eine Lösung, dann müsste man das fertige Modell aber diagonal durchschneiden und die hintere Hälfte im 1. Stock auf den Boden nieten.

@ Hagen: Die ganz alte Titanic von Alan Rose hatte einen Eisberg mit dabei, da standen dann aber auch in der Bauanleitung Sätze wie: "Und nun die Sitzbänke, auf denen die Passagiere hocken, während der kalte Atlantik an ihren Füßen leckt". Bei deren Taj Mahal - Modell kommentierte die Anleitung nach vielen kleinen Türmchen: "Jetzt wissen Sie, was repetative Arbeit ist" und zum Eiffelturm gab es eine King-Kong-Figur mit Baskenmütze und Baguette beigelegt.

Zaphod

• Hello Stephan,

Thank you for a most interesting report on your excellent progress on the hull and plating of your Fly Model Titanic.The stern section around the propeller shaft and rudder looks very smooth indeed. I can see that this is not the first time you have modelled a ship´s hull.

I was wondering whether you could tell me a liitle bit more about your 'Yu-san' tool? Is is a kind of knife-blade or is it some kind of 'trimmer' for beveled edges?
    I tried Googling for 'CETA' but I came up with lots of other companies with the same initials. 'Yu-san' did´t give me a good lead, either. I would appreciate very much if you could supply me with a web link.
    Making precise and sharp cuts (and if possible hide the ones that show) is, after all, one of the key things in making a convincing and good-looking card model.

Thank you.
    All the best,
    Bengt :super:

• Aha, Stephan!

I see. No wonder I couldn´t find that company . . .
    It´s just like backside scoring; when you mark the line with a needle at both ends, flip the sheet over and make a scored line on the backside. If you fold the paper carefully, it normally doesn´t break up on the printed side (depending on the paper and print quality, of course) and require any edge coloring. I do this more and more now, to avoid unessesary edge coloring.

This is a more refined technique. I suspect that you have to be very light on the knife (or razor) blade, if you don´t want to cut THROUGH the new model sheets . . ?

Very interesting - thanks for the explanatory pictures and text.
    All the best,
    Bengt :super:

• Stephan-san

In addition.

The painting of the big area is difficult in my house.

And you finish it beautifully without painting with the hull in your ships.
    It is very preferable, and I serve as a reference very much.

Thank you,sennaend

Original von Stephan Hintze
    @Henni:Gerne, aber dies ist kein Bismarck Baubericht :rotwerd: ... :D

Was genau willst Du mir damit sagen??? 8)

Original von Stephan Hintze
    Beim schneiden der Spanten hab ich ein einfaches Bastelmesser mit abbrechbarer Klinge das erste mal intensiv genutzt - und habe das seitdem im Einsatz.

Hi Stephan,
    jo. Mach ich nur so. Stanley 9mm Abbrechmesser.

Gruß
    Jan

• Hallo Stephan!

Willkommen im Verein der Marathon-Spantenschneider. Mich könnte glatt der Neid fressen, wenn ich diese genialen zusätzlichen Schlitze und Zapfen sehe - das hätte Shipyard bei der Victory auch einfallen können.

Werde hier des öfteren mal vorbeischauen, vor allem weil beim letzten Balkantreff genau dieser Baubogen der Titanic die Runde machte und recht genau inspiziert wurde.

P.S.: Ich verwende auch für fast alle Schneidearbeiten ein 9 mm Stanley mit Abrechklingen.

Servus vom
    Josef

• Was Du uns bis heute schon zeigst ist einfach beeindruckend! Ein sehr sauber bearbeiteter Rumpf! Das ist in meinn Augen mit das einfachste Teil, was man verhauen kann...

Ich wünsche Dir ganz viele tolle EIndrücke und nen schönen Nachmittag im Cirque! Das ist eine tolle Sache!

Tschö,
    der Klebär!

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte: 'wo kämen wir hin?' und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen?"

• Stephan-san,

I am very glad to know that CET seems to be of assistant to you and you have mastered it.
    Furthermore your detailed explanation of CET is excelent.
    If you don't mind I would like you to be CETA chairman
    Here's to chairman :prost:

• Me again.

Once Japanese Kamimokei.com told me how to fold paper without deteriorating the surface.
    According to him, cigarette package is folded in this way.

First carve V shape groove on plastic sheet or something.
    Place paper on it adjusting folding line printed side up.
    Then go over folding line with tip of pen or somthing.

Although I haven't tried this, taking a first hand look at his model, folding lines were beautiful.

Just for your reference

• Servus, Stephan,

da gibt es aber goar nix zu lamentieren - zumindest Deine Fotos zeigen einen wunderprächtigen Rumpf!

Nach dem Bau meiner Saratoga kann ich aber gut nachvollziehen, daß 135cm eine respektable Länge ist!

Old Rutz

Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

• Stephane-san

Congratulations on the completion of the bottom of a ship. =D>
    I respect that you can put all these large area beautifully. Admiration! @)

sennaend

• Hi Stephan,

bei dem Unterwasserrumpf gibts aber nichts zu meckern, dafür, dass weder gespachtelt noch geschliffen wurde ist das Ergebnis einfach toll.
    Beim Hantieren mit dem Pott musst du schon aufpassen, dass du nichts vom Tisch fegst!

Grüsse

Hans Gerd

• Hallo Stephan!

Hoffentlich kommt mein Rat nicht zu spät.

Also ich würde es so lassen. Vieleicht den schwarzen Rand anmalen.
    Hinterhr guckt keiner mehr hin.

GrußHAPE

• When I read your problem I was worried.
    I'm relieved to know you solved even without losing turnable feature of screws.
    BTW, you wrote you used black paper of cigarette. Are you a smoker?
    And thank you for writing your thread in English for us non German speaker. I'm happy because translation software usually does not translate correctly and it discourage me from translation.
    Ah, and please tell uncle on the other end of the earth's best regards to your daughter :D

• hallo stephan,

ich muss es einfach nochmal wiederholen: dein baubericht ist einsame klasse - vor allem die präzision deiner bauausführung und der berichterstattung !!
    der bogen liegt auch in meiner schatztruhe und besitzt fast kultstatus.
    doch durch deinen bau ermuntert, werde ich irgendwann im kommenden winter zur schere greifen.
    inzwischen besitze ich auch den lasercut-spantensatz zum bogen.
    sobald es meine zeit erlaubt, will ich den satz mal auf deine anfangs erwähnten hinweise vergleichend überprüfen.
    dir wünsche ich noch viel, viel freude beim bau dieses einmaligen modells.

herzliche grüsse

roland

• Hi,Stephan-san

Because the top and bottom became right, your ship is cool more, I feel it. =D>

And your work desk which is clean with permanent greatly is enviable, besides.
    My desk is only 0.6m in width to appear in the middle of the night.( ;(truth)

sennaend

• Da ich die Titanic 1:200 von (Taschen) besitze :] und irgendwann einmal weiterbauen möchte:genau:, habe ich gerade den Ständer auf den PC geladen. :super: :super: :super:
    Ich kann nur sagen danke :respekt: :meister:

sticki

• Hallo Stephan,

(Ich bitte zuerst um Entschuldigung und ein bißchen Verständnis für meinen sehr schlechten Deutsch):
    Hast Du vielleicht etwas mehr an deinen schönen grossen Fly Model RMS Titanic gebaut?
    Deine Bilder in der Berichr haben mir sehr vielr inspiriert. Ich habe einen Hoffnung und freue mich sehr an einen eventuellen Fortsetzung.

Viel Glück mit deinen Bau,
    Bengt :D

Edited 3 times, last by Bengt Fredén ().

• Hi Stephan,

Thank you for replying in English! That makes it so much easier for me.

I thought that your hull build looked more than OK, at least from your excellent pictures. After all, the real RMS TITANIC was built up of many, many steel plates with thousands of joints and rivets - so the hull really shouldn´t be perfectly even or smooth. Perhaps one way to make the paper joints less visible could be to scan and make extra overlaying sheets where this is indicated on the real hull. Here is a good source for that - I am sure that you have seen it: http://www.titanic-model.com/

At the Cardmodels.net (zealot.com) Forum, there are at least two interesting threads dealing with ship´s hull construction;
    'Fluthecrank' is building a Russian battleship, where he is sanding the joints and painting them over, to achieve an even surface: http://forum.zealot.com/t155744/

'Highlander' is building another1:200 scale hull, of the Japanese Yamato destroyer (Halinski model) - he is also going to sand and then paint it. Perhaps there are some interesting details there for you: http://forum.Zealot.com/t149567-2/

Cheers to you from Stockholm,
    Bengt:prost: